From PinataIsland.info, the Viva Piñata wiki
- For answers to commonly asked Chewnicorn questions, see below.
|Base value:||4500 coins|
|Attack:||Showers of stars|
|The Chewnicorn house is made out of clouds.|
|Housing cost:||2475 coins|
|Unique trait: Curved horn|
Symbolizing purity, this mythical creature can only be seen by innocent maidens. It is one of the most beautiful creatures...probably, if I could see it.
- You have the Horstachio Master Romancer award
- Have a gem tree in the garden
- Has eaten 15 gems
- Have a fully grown gem tree in the garden
|Species variants for the Chewnicorn|
- 1 Chewnicorn in the garden helps meet the Galagoogoo Romance requirements.
- A Chewnicorn will start fights with a Ponocky or a Zumbug, if one is nearby.
- Will be startled by a Roario and break most things in your garden.
- Directing a Chewnicorn to a sick pinata will heal it (earning the player an achievement).
|Classic piñata species|
Arocknid · Badgesicle · Barkbark · Bonboon · Bunnycomb · Buzzenge · Buzzlegum · Candary · Chewnicorn · Chippopotamus · Cinnamonkey · Cluckles · Cocoadile · Crowla · Doenut · Dragonache · Dragumfly · Eaglair · Elephanilla · Fizzlybear · Fourheads · Fudgehog · Galagoogoo · Goobaa · Horstachio · Jameleon · Juicygoose · Kittyfloss · Lackatoad · Lickatoad · Macaraccoon · Mallowolf · Moozipan · Mothdrop · Mousemallow · Newtgat · Parrybo · Pigxie · Ponocky · Pretztail · Profitamole · Pudgeon · Quackberry · Raisant · Rashberry · Reddhott · Roario · Salamango · Shellybean · Sherbat · Sparrowmint · Squazzil · Swanana · Sweetooth · Syrupent · Taffly · Twingersnap · Whirlm · White Flutterscotch · Zumbug
Either will work. Since the Chewnicorn has to eat 15, it helps a good deal if the Chewnicorn doesn't have to knock them down from the tree. (If you're using a tree, and its gems are fully grown, you can tap the tree and knock them down, to speed things along.) Either way, since it probably won't eat 15 in one visit, it's important to realize that you might not get the exact same Chewnicorn, the next time a wild one visits your garden. Just be patient and one of the visitors will eventually eat enough to satisfy its requirements. View thread