From PinataIsland.info, the Viva Piñata wiki
- For answers to commonly asked Mine questions, see below.
Using the Mine
To begin using the mine, the player must hire one or more Diggerlings (available at level 26 for 2,420 chocolate coins) to dig in the mine. These are available to buy at Arfur's Inn. Diggerlings will then attempt to find items in the mine. For a full list, see below.
To Improve Diggerlings Findings
- Build the mine close to town or near a Helper House. Diggerlings work less hours when they have to travel further across the garden to get to the mine.
- Make the Diggerling happy by giving him chocolate coins.
- Place a Gas Mask accessory on a Candary and direct it to the mine.
|Chocolate Coins||In game money||Value of coin (1,5,10,50) Increases by five-fold when there is a Lantern o' Loot in the garden|
|Diamond||Can be sold for lots of coins||2750|
|Dirt Pile||Edible by a tame Profitamole||0|
|Egg||Will hatch into a Dragonache||0|
|Emerald||Can be sold for lots of coins||1400|
|Giant seeds||Same as normal seeds, they only look bigger||Same as normal seeds|
|Gold Flakes||Can be sold for lots of coins||500|
|Gold Nugget||Can be sold for lots of coins||1050|
|Sapphire||Can be sold for lots of coins||1800|
- A Lantern O' Loot, bought from Ivor Bargain, increases the value of chocolate coins found in the mine by nearly five times.
- Gold flakes and Gold nuggets can be very tiny, as small as a spark from a firebrand, and can easily be hidden in long grass. Look very carefully around the mine and if there's a yellow speck that doesn't disappear, try selecting it. When the flakes/nuggets are trampled, they revert to their normal size which is much bigger.
- Several of the items found in the mine are hard to see or disappear in deep water.
- The Mine can be sold, but can not be placed in a crate for pickup by the Post Office.
Items from the mine might be giant (or tiny), but the giant seeds aren't that different from normal-sized seeds. They don't grow giant trees, or sell for more. If you crate them, or a pinata or Diggerling walks over them, they usually turn normal-sized. View thread
How long (game days) does it take for your mine to start producing?
It's a bit random, although if you make your Diggerlings happy (by paying them), send Candaries (wearing gas masks) into the mine, and place a Lantern O' Loot near your mine, this should help production. View thread
Are the gold and gems valuable?