From PinataIsland.info, the Viva Piñata wiki
Hey, you probably get this all the time, but how does one go about becoming an admin? I realize I am new to this Wiki, but I have played every single Viva Pinata, captured every kind of pinata, and gotten all achievements for the first two-September 12, 2008
would it be possible to install this editing tool -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tools/Navigation_popups ? that would be hot. –xenocidic (talk) 22:58, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
I use that one on Wikipedia all the time. I'll try to get it installed here in the next few days (probably before the weekend is over). --Jimmcq 23:30, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
While you're making changes, do you think we could add a purge tab to the page actions? --FeralKitty 01:10, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
I'll look into it, but you can always purge by adding &action=purge to the query string URL. --Jimmcq 01:57, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
- WP's clock gadget, when clicked, will purge the page contents. –xenocidic (talk) 02:28, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
You think AWB would work here?
what about seperate namespaces?
- VPC = VPC:Mousezilla (Classic)
- TIP = TIP:Mousezilla (Trouble in Paradise)
- JFF = JFF:Mousezilla (Just for Fun)
- VPP = VPP:Mousezilla (Pocket Paradise)
- TV = TV:Mousezilla (Television series)
- VP = VP:Mousezilla (Common content that may be transcluded onto any or all of the other pages - i.e. description of species)
The main page, being Mousezilla now uses the same layout it does now but transcludes the content from each of the namespaces.
With some CSS settings for the namespaces it should make things a lot easier.
it will also allow people to focus on their particular platform(s) by only seeing the changes on their watchlist for the platforms they are interested in.
It got very briefly talked about, a long time ago. I think it's important to keep in mind that VP gamers might not understand those nuances, and if contributors don't know how to edit transcluded content, that's quite the problem. Since it's a game for all ages, the bar should be low enough so that anyone can edit any article here, and add what they know about a species' requirements, what they saw on a TV episode, etc. --FeralKitty (talk) 00:05, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
- I think this is why it is actually a better reason to have separate namespaces for separate platforms - so that newer folk won't have to look at the entire page's wikicode, when they just want to update something about trouble in paradise, or pocket paradise for example. we can make the top edit button less apparent and instead ensure each tab has an edit button. –xenocidic (talk) 00:13, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
- how is it now with the edit tabs buttons? –xenocidic (talk) 00:25, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
Hey, you probably get this all the time, but how does one go about becoming an admin? I realize I am new to this Wiki, but I have played every single Viva Pinata, captured every kind of pinata, and gotten all achievements for the first two.
Differentiating between Classic and TiP...
This is the only wiki I've ever been apart of and I don't know much about them, but is there any way you can make it so that when you're looking up info for TiP,you don't get sent to the Classic tab automatically when browsing Pinata? I guess a simple way to solve this problem would be to pay more attention when looking up info, but it'd be great if you could add something that keeps us locked in only on TiP info. Either way, I'd like a response. Thanks! --T3HPK 10:40, 13 September 2008 (EDT)
Where Can I Get All the Episodes?
Hello All: This may seem like a dumb question but, how does one go about obtaining all of these episodes for the DVD or at least so my kids could maybe watch them on the computer? I own the 2 DVD's that I could find but they only contain what, 4 episodes each or so? I have funds and my kids would love, love, love for me to purchase these shows from someone! Anyone with any ideas? Your comments and or advice would be so very, totally, and greatly appreciated! Thanks so much, Annie --04/01/2011