Talk:Designer Asian garden
From PinataIsland.info, the Viva Piñata wiki
I named these cards differently (that is, with a different convention). Seemed appropriate given their "special" purpose, but let me know if you disagree. The convention is intended to start with DG (for designer garden... and it starts with this so they will be listed alphabetically as a group), then the type of designer garden (in this instance, asian), and then the name of the character. So, one image is DG-asian-EmperorNewton.jpg
Does that seem reasonable? Lymaniii 11:33, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- It might have been nice to discuss it before the fact, but that's not a big deal.
- The name doesn't give any information about the species. When you're looking at a list of card names, it's helpful to recognize what's actually encoded on the card, instead of having to view it to find out.
- The cards were also sorted by name to help see a species' cards at a glance, and not merely for human reasons. If we setup a script or form to generate galleries, your card wouldn't show up in the Newtgat collection.
- The game was included to identify the source, because we don't know what the future holds. If more games are released down the road, what makes this name distinguished (and unique) from (colliding with) another's game's designer garden card?
- What I'm really puzzled by is why you decided to leave off the -PV qualifier. --FeralKitty (talk) 15:19, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- I did this discussion prior to having your answers on the pirate designer garden discussion page. Therefore, still didn't know exactly what PV indicated and I was already planning on re-uploading all these cards with proper names later (whatever "proper" ends up meaning). So, then, if I'm readying you right, you're suggesting a convention like this: Newtgat-TIP-DG-EmperorNewtgat-PV.jpg. I *did* start using the template prior to uploading these cards (and before your scolding). Aren't you proud! Lymaniii 11:22, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
- I'll be more proud if you spell out TIP. --FeralKitty (talk) 15:09, 29 April 2009 (UTC)