View Full Version : Hexxagon Tips?
04-16-2007, 03:39 PM
http://www.pinataisland.info/forum/arcade/images/crown.gif walter the whirlm http://www.pinataisland.info/forum/arcade/images/crown.gif
with a score of 58
[View High Scores] (http://pinataisland.info/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=7)
02-03-2009, 07:21 PM
The computer is actually rather easy to beat. Don't strive to get a "perfect" score of 58 because it requires virtually no skill - rather strive for how many spaces you can take over under 58.
Early game strategies:
- When starting out rolling over instead of jumping ensures 4 starting pieces instead of staying with 3.
- Hug the walls.
- Go on the defensive. When the computer jumps to attack you can often take advantage of this by rolling right back for more spaces.
Common is the setup:
+1 to duplicate
+2 spaces turned
+3 total spaces captured
Middle game strategies:
- Jumping can force an opponents hand with only 2 spaces remaining in a tight spot or can avoid you being trapped.
- Watch to defend against the computer turning 3 or more gems by filling in the empty space.
End game strategies:
- Avoid epic failure by overlooking traps setup that can render your last move helpless and turn your higher score into a lower one. This is easier said than done.
Once you have mastered the basics there are even more techniques you can use against human opponents such as the "dragon defense".
vBulletin® v3.7.2, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.